addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Baltimore Book Club Meetup Group Message Board › New book for Maryland

New book for Maryland

A former member
Post #: 2
If this is inappropriate I apologize because I really don't know much about being an author. I've recently finished a book about my last trip to Afghanistan in the spring. I am a consultant to the US Government and they keep sending me back to Afghanistan to help on certain projects. I don't like going to Afghanistan for obvious reasons, but in this economy I have to take the jobs I can get.

My book is about the day to day life as a civilian in Kabul. The stories are funny, emotional and never political. The people that I think will relate to this book the most are interested Americans that might want to learn a little more about what it's like over there.

I'm an average woman that grew up in Maryland, graduated from Towson and lived in Baltimore for years before moving to DC for work. I think like a Marylander and that is why I believe this group would appreciate it the most.

I couldn't afford an editor, so the writing could probably use some work, but I'd like it if you had a few days to read the book and tell me what you think.

Title: Welcome to Here
Author: Tiffany Hill
Thanks for any feedback!!