addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Baltimore Book Club Meetup Group Message Board › Last minute changes to club meeting

Last minute changes to club meeting

A former member
Hello fellow readers,

I hope everyone has been enjoying this month's read, Atwood's "The Blind Assassin," and that you'll be able to come to the meeting on Monday for a good discussion. Unfortunately, I have come down with quite a nasty cold, and I'm afraid I won't be able to join you all for the chat. I have contacted Barnes and Noble and they have given the meeting a green light, but we can't make reservations, someone may want to arrive a tad early to be sure there will be a table at 7pm. Would someone else volunteer to print out a MeetUp table-tent sign from the website and post it on a table in the cafe? From the RSVP's it looks like there will be some new people showing up, so I want you all to be able to find each other. Minus me, there will be five of you, according to your RSVPs.

Also, Emily emailed me and will not be able to attend to lead the discussion. If someone else would like to do it, please make a posting on the group web page bulletin board. Here are a couple of links that might be helpful:
Margaret Atwood's official website,
http://www.owtoad.com...­
Some info and discussion questions about "The Blind Assassin,"
http://www.readinggro...­

One last request, please vote as a group on a location for the next meeting. Towson Barnes and Noble, City Cafe, Xando & Enoch Pratt Library are some options, but you can nominate others. We may also want to switch the meeting date, since the fourth Monday on December is just two days after Christmas, and many of us may be out of town or with family. I suggest either the third Monday (the 20th) instead, or the following Monday, which is January 3rd. Let me know what the group decides, either by email or by a posting on the group discussion board, and I will make the updates to the site for the next meeting. As a reminder, we've already picked the book, which is Murakami's "The Wild Sheep Chase."

I'm sorry for the last minute notice on all of this! I was hoping to be feeling better by now, but I still feel rotten and don't want to get the rest of you sick! I was looking forward to the discussion. I wasn't all that crazy about Atwood's writing, so I was eager to hear some other opinions. I hope you all find each other, enjoy, and let me know how things go...

Thanks

Suzanna