The New Orleans Video Access Center (NOVAC), the Jazz & Heritage Foundation, and the New Orleans Film Society (NOFS) have partnered to produce Sync Up Cinema, a FREE film industry conference focused on Louisiana film production and the emerging opportunities in the film industry.
For three days (April 29 - May 1), in between the weekends of Jazz Fest, Sync Up Cinema will bring
to the region: screenings of local and international documentaries, NOVAC Conversations and Panels with internationally renowned filmmakers and industry pros, and the Technical and Film Industry Outreach Expo featuring technical demonstrations and production resources from national film industry vendors.
All events take place at the New Orleans Museum of Art, in City Park, walking distance to Jazz Fest. Sync Up Cinema admission is free and no advance registration is needed.
- In Your Dreams - a documentary starring Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks with Q&A with Director Dave Stewart (formerly of the Eurythmics) to follow
- Conversation with Sherri Candler (Marketing and Festival Strategist for independent filmmakers)
- Sound Sync: Film Scoring and Sound Design - a conversation featuring sound mixer Larry Blake (Che, Side Effects, Oceans trilogy) and film composer Cliff Martinez (Lincoln Lawyer, Arbitrage, Traffic, Spring Breakers)
- Got Rep? - a conversation featuring James Napper of Napper Law, New York based entertainment attorney and industry blogger Robert Seigel and Will Rowbotham of New York management firm Prolific Entertainment
- Maharajah to Market - a conversation and screening with filmmaker Lily Keber (Bayou Maharajah)
- Editorial License - a conversation sponsored by Cineworks with Academy Award Winning Innovator Michael Philips and veteran editor and former supervising editor at Sony Home Entertainment Christopher Holmes
SUPPORT PROVIDED BY: