addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Kayakers' Alliance Message Board › Kayak for sale - 10.4 ft recreational boat fully outfitted and ready to go

Kayak for sale - 10.4 ft recreational boat fully outfitted and ready to go

Stuart
sshwang
Belmont, CA
Post #: 87
It is a fun little (10.4 ft long) recreational kayak made for stability. It will probably fit someone up to over 6ft depending on leg length. I got 2 of them but the 2nd one got used once over the last year or so. It's <1.5 years old, pretty much just before i joined Kayakers' Alliance. I am keeping the one i normally use and selling the less used one. Pretty much new with a few scratches you'd expect from transporting and using it 1-2x in Redwood City Harbor.

It has been stored outside but protected under a tarp. It comes fully outfitted with a life jacket, paddle, spray skirt (Harmony Gripper Elite). All the other stuff is even newer than the boat. It is a ready-to-go setup for our local waters all for $300.

Key selling features:
Pretty new, recreational kayak with 2 hatches, adjustable foot pegs, and a large cockpit. The double hull makes it track excellently and it is very stable. Fits nicely on my Prius. On hot days, i straddle my boat with legs in the water, lounging back with a drink in the cup holder. I'd nap in it if i had an anchor. This boat ain't built for speed, its built for comfort.

Below are some links to the boat which i have used on all my KA trips since I joined:

On a wknd camping trip
Drakes Estero 1
Drakes Estero 2
Drakes Estero "beaching gorilla"

Here is a YouTube video that does a nice job of giving you a tour:
http://www.youtube.co...­

and a glowing paddling.net review of my boat:
Pretty much agree especially with the stability, i have stood up comfortably in this boat.

I have used it in a wknd camping trip and in 30 mph gusts in Elkhorn. Nerve wracking but very stable in the 7 ft swells. Usually, i go for 7-15 mile paddles in the Redwood City Harbor/Corkscrew Slough area, including out into the bay. I feel very safe and comfortable in most conditions.
Here is a link to this year's model which is a new model for the 10.4. As far as i can tell, the seat, hatch cover and color looks new. Otherwise, it looks pretty identical.

Drop me an email if you are interested. The boat is in Redwood City.