Kayakers' Alliance Message Board › Browns Island and Sherman Lake, or Suisun Bay Wed or Thurs

Browns Island and Sherman Lake, or Suisun Bay Wed or Thurs

Ted Hamiter
user 7007795
Crockett, CA
Post #: 16
Send an Email Post a Greeting
I'm thinking of putting in at the Pittsburg marina and paddling to Sherman Lake, and around Browns Island. The weather reports seem to indicate that it won't be very windy for a few days, and the tides won't be especially high or low, so it seems like as good a time as any to go there. I've seen river otters and beavers around this area, lots of wrecked boats and the remains of old wooden ships, and enough tules to fill the Grand Canyon.

The tides also seem right for a paddle from the Martinez marina into Suisun Bay and maybe to Ryer Island (I want to scout for potential campsites) and back, or past the mothball fleet and back. I've seen river otters, white pelicans, and sea lions (or seals, sometimes it's hard to tell which is which) in this area.

Let me know if you're interested, so long as you don't want to leave first thing in the morning.
Bart Charlow
user 18246801
San Mateo, CA
Post #: 62
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Interested in what you find and what waterways are suitable for smaller craft, such as rec boats.

Have been researching a loop up the marina into the San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuge - see other posts earlier. Still interested, but not immediately.

Can't join you at this time, though.