Bay Area Film Fans Message Board › Film Group Update: Interviewees Needed for Documentary on Forgive Our Taxes

Film Group Update: Interviewees Needed for Documentary on Forgive Our Taxes Campaign; New Book on the Battle Against Internet Piracy and Future Documentary

Gini Graham S.
GiniScott
Group Organizer
Lafayette, CA
I hope to start having some video potlucks or film nights in San Francisco starting next month. I moved here about a year ago and got caught up with producing films and various book projects, but will have more time now.  In the meantime, here are some projects I'm involved in that might be of general interest.

Interviewees and Experts Needed for Documentary on Forgive Our Taxes
I’m looking for interviewees and experts for FORGIVE OUR TAXES, which is a 10 minute documentary about the millions of once successful people who are now facing large tax bills after a disastrous financial year where they had to sell their homes, faced foreclosure, or lost their jobs or businesses.
If you are or know someone sold a home or lost a job or business, and was hit by a large income tax bill it was difficult to pay or discharge in a bankruptcy, we would like to talk to you.  We are also interested in talking to tax and bankruptcy lawyers, CPAs, financial writers, and other experts in this area.
FORGIVE OUR TAXES: THE DOCUMENTARY will provide support for the “Forgive Our Taxes” campaign, which is designed to urge Congress, The President, state legislators, and voters to change government policy in order to help those people suffering due to unforeseen economic upheavals and help them become productive workers and taxpayers again to benefit society as a whole. The campaign is proposing two main changes in the laws: taxing the actual proceeds from a home as regular income (rather than the current complicated formula based on purchase and sales price) and changing the bankruptcy law so income taxes can be discharged like regular debts. The documentary will feature interviews with former homeowners, those who lost a job or business, and with government officials, lawyers, CPA’s, tax experts, and others knowledgeable about this issue with ideas for solutions You can see more details on the campaign at www.forgiveourtaxes.com­ andwww.facebook.com/forgiveourtaxes­
We’re planning to set up additional interviews on June 26 and 27, and during the first week in July.  Please send an email if interested at changemakersproductions@yahoo.com­.

New Book on the Battle Against Internet Piracy and Future Documentary
I wanted to let you know about my new book, THE BATTLE AGAINST INTERNET BOOK PIRACY, so you can spread the word. http://tinyurl.com/mlukjnp­. The book describes the worldwide book piracy epidemic that has destroyed the careers of many writers and led many publishing companies to go out of business.  Then, it discusses the growing battle against the pirates and what writers and publishers can do if they discover their own books have been pirated. I will be planning a documentary about this too, so I will be interested in speaking to anyone who had a book pirated, intellectual property lawyers, and to anyone interested in being on the crew as a cinematographer, sound recorder, or associate producer.  You can join the groups I set up for this on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/stopbookpiracy­ or on Twitter at #stopbookpiracy.  Send an email if interested in participating in the documentary or helping in the campaign to Stop Book Piracy tochangemakersproductions@yahoo.com­.