The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: A Bookish BIFF

New Meetup: A Bookish BIFF

Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
l must have had too much eggnog and turkey over the holidays because even with a note from fellow Bookcrosser Dale, I didn't realize that I'd set this up for the *wrong day.* I hope no one made the trek out to the North Shore - I know I spent last night watching movies - but the event is actually taking place this Friday, January 7th.

Sorry for the confusion folks. I hope to see some of you there!

Marina

______________________________________­_____

Announcing a new Meetup for The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group!

What: A Bookish BIFF

When: Friday, January 7, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Eighties Restaurant
110 West 14th Street
North Vancouver, BC V7M 1N9
604-987-6654

The Burrard Inlet Fan Fellowship (BIFF), is kicking off their year with a book inspired gathering that I thought some of our members might enjoy so here it is - the mighty cross post!

Here's the official word from the BIFF organizers:

We haven’t done a literary BIFF in recent months, so we’re going to start off the new year with something a bit different. Have you got a favourite sci-fi or fantasy book, one where the pages are dog-eared for having read it so many times? Perhaps it’s a little known gem, or a classic every science fiction fan should have read but might not have got around to doing so yet.

Here’s your chance to pitch your favourite book or author to your fellow BIFFers. Bring one or two of your favourite books, and talk about them. Tell us why you love this particular book, and why you think we should all read it. We’ll all walk away a little wiser, and perhaps with a new book or two to add to our “To Read” list for 2011.

I'll be there and I assume that some of our other members who belong to both groups will also be there. To find us, simply come up the stairs of the restaurant and turn right. A group starts gathering sometime around 6:30.

Hope to see you there!

Marina

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­