The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › The Semi-Regular Update

The Semi-Regular Update

Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 89
Hi folks. I'm out pilfering the board (again). I thought I'd send a little note to 1) welcome the new members, 2) share an upcoming event suggestion, 3) Group order update and 4) provide info on long term projects.

1) Welcome to all the new members who have joyned our shiny little group over the past few weeks! It's always great to see the group growing! We'd love to meet you so come on out to one of our MANY events! :)

2) I have a thought for an upcoming event. The CS Lewis classic "The Lion..." hits theatres December 9th (which is a Friday). I'm proposing that between now and then, we collect a number of copies of this great classic to release at the movie premiere (which will be the site of a "special" meetup in December). I'm assuming that there will be a lot of younglings at the movie and it would be great to hook some young kids with a few free books.

3) Group order is coming along great! Keep sending those orders in! :) People are being contacted, $$ is being exchanged and the order will go out late next week! The goodies SHOULD arrive before the November meetups! If not, we'll just have to have a little gathering later in the month for goody distribution! :o)

4a) I've started doing some homework on the T-shirts and it looks like the shirts will cost $20 dollars. I'll provide more details as they become available. A T-shirt contest is sounding like a faboo idea. Over the next few weeks, I'll post a T-shirt template and officially provide further info on the design details! Everyone is welcome to participate!

4b) I've been in touch with Terry at PBS and it's a go ahead! We'll be official members of the 2006 WotS! Details on this will also be posted as they become available! :)

If you have any other event ideas, suggestions, concerns or criticisms, drop me a line!

Keep registering, reading and releasing!
Marina