The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › Getting Meetups in other centres in Greater Vancouver

Getting Meetups in other centres in Greater Vancouver

teacart
teacart
Vancouver, BC
A few months ago, there were several people asking for Meetups to start happening outside the City of Vancouver. I wrote to support@meetup.com, specifically with regard to Surrey. Here's the information they sent to me:

<We had limited time and resources to add cities at our <launch, but we do want to expand to as many places as <possible. While Surrey may not have the population <necessary for Meetup to launch our 2,700+ topics, before
<opening in any given city, we need to have some good <MEETUP places.

<We generally like to have 12-15 venues in a given city <before opening it up. If you could provide us with 12-15 <good cafes/restaurants/bars in your city (i.e. name, <address, phone number, & type of venue), we can get it in
<there even faster.

I'd suggest that any potential Meetup locations you put forward be open in the evenings, have very reasonable prices, have lots of seating and be conducive to conversation - all problems we've encountered with BookCrossing Meetup venues before. Hope this is useful for people in Burnaby and the Fraser Valley.
A former member
I noticed that there was an option for a venue in Burnaby this time. I was hoping that it might be slightly more convenient for people coming in from that direction.
I voted for a venue, but won't be able to make the next meetup unless it rains - we have ball on Tuesday nights.
Let me know how it goes, though.
Serena
Helen M.
helenmartin4
Burnaby, BC
I voted for the Burnaby option offered this time and hope it will be offered again as it is particularly convenient for me (Metrotown). I was hoping to come this time to the Vancouver one, since it is as convenient as it's been so far but we've had to have different sort of meeting tonight