The Pittsburgh Jewelry Making Meetup Group Message Board PUGDOG'S Rock & Bead Shop - Info, Announcements, and More › Hours this week, expanded - Tues/Weds/Thurs/Friday - Metal Beads

Hours this week, expanded - Tues/Weds/Thurs/Friday - Metal Beads

PUGDOG
We should have expanded hours this week.

There are a lot of beads I need to get through.

I did some trading with the African bead vendor (even traded back some beads I had bought awhile ago, that he wanted back!) and have a nice selection of the larger metal "copper/brass" beads.  They are pounded, wound, and fused metal in shapes that are very, very interesting and lend themselves to many creative possibilities.  I will try to post pictures when I get in tomorrow.  These are limited, as I only have one strand (as few as 9 beads) of each kind!   They are $2 to $8 each

The African beads, both metal and ceramic/glass, are colorful, large, and interesting, and would make great focal pieces for ornaments and decorations, not just jewelry.   Many of these would look great hanging by a window, or from a tree, or attached to a wreath.    These are the kind of beads that add that bit of vintage/nostalgic charm.

So this week, I should be in, or someone will be manning the shop, during these hours.

Tuesday  1-6pm

Weds 10am-6pm

Thurs 10am-6pm

Friday ?  Afternoon.