The Delaware Valley Beer Meetup Group Message Board › May 19, 2012 two festivals in the Phila. area

May 19, 2012 two festivals in the Phila. area

David C
user 13954635
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 24
On May 19th there will be two festivals - The Northeast Philadelphia Beerfest and the Hampton Brewfest.

The NE Phila id $30 in advance and $35 at the gate. I went to it last year and thought it was a good start. It was and is at Cannstatter's at Academy rd and Frankford Ave just off the I-95 exit. This year they say they will have great local bands performing. Cannstatters is doing the food and they make some pretty good food, however for this event they don't break out all the German specialities they do Labor Day Weekend. NE Philly Beer Fest
If you have a friend who is a macro beer drinker that you want to convert this may be the fest for you. Troegs, Yards, Victory, Stoudts and Flying Fish's beers will be there but so will Blue Moon and AB InBev. To me it seems that NE Phila is unfortunately still in the grips of budmillercoors.

But there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel in Feasterville, PA. At the Phoenix Sport Club. This one is $40 advance and $45 at the gate. A sour note is that to Park will cost $5 per car; no street parking available. They will be tasting not only beer but also wine from what i believe are all Bucks Co. Wineries. The beer seems to be a more diverse lot and AB isn't listed. Stone and Oscar blues are however listed. They also will have live bands. Food will be by local Restaurants.
I'm planning on going to the Hampton Brew Fest.Hampton Brew Fest