It has been a while since I've sent something out to all the members to give you a refresher on the mission statement of the SA Beer Club. OK, maybe I have never done it...well here it goes....
This group started as way for us to find out about bars and restaurants that serve more than the usual beer (ya know, the mass produced stuff that takes up most of the taps and shelves at the market). We are looking for unique places, events and brews and to meet others who like to drink beer.
I, as the organizer, have assigned myself the role of the one that keeps the lights on for the website. It is up to all members to make the Beer Club a success by posting meetups. Any member can post a meetup at any time.
Unless you are an Event Organizer, your meetup will go to a suggested status. This is a meetup website thing that I don't control. If you let me know, I can give you the role of Event Organizer so that it becomes a real meetup on the calendar with reminders.How to post a meetup
: I like the calendar
view; mouse over the date and click on the red symbol that appears. Fill out the form. When done, send announcements to the group.As the Event Organizer
, you are responsible for
- provide the basics: where (make sure the map is correct), when (start time and, if there is an end time or is it a come and go as you please), how much does it cost, etc.
- additional details: inside, outside, kid friendly, dog friendly, car pool, will there be food, should we bring food, rain or shine, bring a chair, water, shade, etc. Basically, try to anticipate what others might be asking.
- How will people find the group? At a minimum, provide phone number and have a sign. There are signs that you can print here
. Crazy hat, great! Blue Hawaiian shirt, fine. Having your picture on your profile ...that we can kinda tell what you look like... is another plus.For those attending Beer Club Meetups
(yes there are rules for you too),
- Be responsible for getting yourself home safely! Program this into your phone for a taxi:[masked]-2222.
- Do your fair share of trying to find the group, do a loop around,
ask people at the front door, ask random people at the venue if they are
with the beer club, call the phone number.
- It is nice when people show up when they say they will. Event Organizers are tying to make sure they are found and have enough space for all that are coming.
If you have questions, concerns, or comments, send me an email ([address removed]).
Cheers, I hope to see you at a meetup soon,