B'more on Rails Message Board › Rails Job in Lanham
|A former member||
Wanted to pass this on to the group. If anyone knows anybody who'd be interested, feel free to pass it along.
Lead / Senior Software Engineer
Technology Brokerage Group LLC, an emerging telecommunications consultancy based in Lanham, Maryland has cultivated relationships with the nation?s leading telecom companies, including AT&T, Qwest, and XO Communications. Since 2001, Technology Brokerage Group has been repeatedly recognized as a top-performing alternative sales channel partner, generating millions of dollars in new business and developing innovative technologies to empower SMB and enterprise decision-makers.
Technology Brokerage is currently seeking a talented individual with several years of daily hands-on experience to lead its small and focused team of software / web application developers. The ideal candidate must have a background in application development utilizing open source, software architecture and design, excellent communications and leadership skills, and proven project management abilities. While the candidate would be primarily responsible for software engineering, management of the team, ability to interact with vendors and ability to communicate with non-technical stakeholders are all considered essential abilities for this position.
Required qualifications are as follows:
- Proven ability to manage a small team of individuals with varying experience levels
- Proven ability to mentor Jr. level engineers
- Several years experience developing web applications using open source scripting languages such as Ruby, Perl and Python
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Solid grasp of non-functional architectural considerations, such as scalability and availability
- Thorough understanding of Linux administration, with particular emphasis on maintaining system security
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interpret complex requirements
- Experience with the telecom industry
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with functional programming languages, such as LISP
- Experience with commonly used rails plugins
- Experience utilizing web based project management tools
Compensation is competitive and depends on experience.
Technology Brokerage Group prides itself on maintaining an excellent and open work environment where the energy of a startup is preserved as the business expands.