addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Growth & crowds

Growth & crowds

Ward B.
wbatty
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Those of you who attended the last Saturday meetup know it got quite crowded. I plan on reserving the back room for future events, so that will help in the short-term at least. I'm pleased that so many folks are finding the group and that it continues to grow. The next trick is to manage the growth. We are the 6th largest boardgame group at meetup.com, BTW.

I'm not interested in not being a public event that is open to anyone. What I'd suggest is that folks in the group consider trying to set up events on other dates and, I'd suggest, in other parts of town. Atlanta is a big, spread out place and I don't see why there couldn't be active groups in Marietta, or Alpharetta or midtown. Meetup charges organizers a monthly fee, so rather than folks set up separate groups, we could look at having some one set something up and I can post the details here.

I thought there was another meetup group in Roswell or something, but I'm not seeing it now.

I'd suggest looking for places like the Loop. The Loop does a lot of lunch business, so they have the extra space evenings and weekends. As long as most folks patronize the establishment, I think most places will work.

I am disinclined to add more dates at the Loop less we wear out or welcome, but if that's where folks want to meet if it's fine with them it is fine with me, but I think that having weekly gaming but it is once a month in different parts of the metro area has a lot of advantages.

BTW, I'll be out of town Wednesday the 12th, but I reserved the room for us for the second Wednesday and last Saturday from now on, so we should have it.

Best,

Ward