The Atlanta Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › May be visiting Atlanta during gamefest

May be visiting Atlanta during gamefest

A former member
Post #: 175
Hi,
My husband and I love to play the non American Board Games. He is a board game geek :) He also plays Confrontation and as well as historical minature cames, such as Flames of War and Ancient something or other. His collection of European Board Games has taken up our whole closet- he has close to 72 games not counting the minature armies.
We actually may be moving to the Metro Atlanta area since Florida's homeowners insurance have hit the roof. So we wanted to take a road trip to see some of the communities and I happened onto your group.
During gamefest, do you play the Mayfair/ Days of Wonder type of games? And how many people usually turn out for gamefest?

Take care-
Jennifer
Steve D.
user 2737755
Stockbridge, GA
Post #: 1
If I had to guess, I'd say there's usally on the order of 60-80 different players during the entire weekend of Game Fest. As for the selection of games that gets played, well, if it's ranked anywhere in the top thousand or so games on boardgamegeek.com, it's got a good chance of being played. Days of Wonder and Mayfair games are commonplace at Game Fest, as are games from publishers like Rio Grande, Avalon Hill, Fantasy Flight, Hans im Gluck, Eagle, Uberplay, Abacus-Spiele, and many, many others.

Stop by if you're in the area. Learn a new game or two. :)