align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Atlanta Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Heads up on a complaint

Heads up on a complaint

Ward B.
wbatty
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Hey, I received a couple of emails from someone unhappy with us. Here's the email:

"We would like to have dinner at the Loop, but we could not because the place was full of gamers taking up all the tables. We will not go back to eat at the Loop until we can find a table to sit and eat. Most of the gamers did not buy anything! The waitress told us that your group doesn't put the tables and chairs back when you leave. I am an organizer of a meetup group and we never meetup in a restaurant without being buying customers! Have some consideration of the businesses you use and of the other customers! One of your gamers bumped us out of a table and sat down without buying a thing!"

The account seems a bit extreme, I'm not sure what "bumped us out of a table" means, that doesn't really sound like us. I explained to her that the event last several hours, so just because she didn't see anyone with food at that moment doesn't mean they haven't bought anything.

I've received no complaints from anyone at the Loop. I'm pretty sure they get a nice bump in business from the group and appreciate having us.

That said, just because we've been there for years we shouldn't take them for granted.

Please buy something from them if you are playing games there, even if it is only a drink.

Please be considerate about finishing on time so they can close up and move tables back to where they were if you think you are the last group at that table.

People normally don't tip there but if we left even a small tip I'm sure the staff would appreciate it.

Best,

Ward