addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Campbell Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Attendance at Events

Attendance at Events

Tracey
user 4450843
Saratoga, CA
Hi CBG,

I first want to thank everyone who has attended our events. I have been a member of this group since 2008 but just started hosting this year. We have had so many great events. I want to thank David for keeping it running. He does a great job and we appreciate it. I also appreciate all the organizers and their efforts too. It's nice to be able to attend and not always be the organizer. I have made many friends in this group that enjoy seeing each and everyone of you.

Going into 2013, I just want to give a heads up that SOME Organizers (not all) will be more strict on attendance than they have in the past. We know that things come up and you have to cancel at the last minute. Attendance is optional however there is a social responsibility when RSVP'ing. If you say your going you owe it to others not to blow them off and you are responsible for keeping your RSVPs up to date. Most people have smart phones with the Meetup app on it and therefore there is no reason your RSVP shouldn't be up to date. I

However, we are aware that some sign up for everything as soon as it opens up because they want to get in and not be on the wait list in case they CAN attend. If members have a history of "no shows" or backing out at the last minute, they will be removed from the wait list and moved to either the "no" or to the "wait list". There are certain games that require a certain amount of people such as Bunco. We need reliable people to make the game successful. Only go on the wait lists if you can actually wait to be added and be a last minute replacement. If plans change please remove yourself from the wait list. We want those that are on the wait list be able to attend if there is space for them. It's frustrating when you have a wait list and people don't show up and you could have let more people into the event.

If you will be more then 15 minutes late, please note in your RSVP that you will be late or send a message that you are running late. That way the organizer can get started. If you arrive late then you might have to wait for a game to end before another game starts. Be on time if you want to play when you arrive.

I have been trying to do more theme game nights to appeal to all members of the group. If it is an open game night, you will need to be open to playing all kinds of games. If there is something you would like to play or try please make a comment. If you want to play a particular game every single time then you should consider purchasing that game and bringing it with you and not rely on other members to bring it for you.

Events in organizers homes should always be respectful. The organizer has the right to take anyone off the RSVP list if they feel that certain members are not a good fit for their event. Making cat fight noises is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. If you do not get along with certain members do not attend if it's that big of an issue for you. Excluding members from a game that has room is not acceptable. Any issues should be brought up to the organizers in private and not during the game night. It's uncomfortable to those attending that came to play. We do not want to have to ask people to leave but will if it is necessary. An organizer will email individual's members to not attend their meetup but it does not mean that you are not allowed to attend other organizers events. We do not want to have to ban people from the group but will do so if necessary.

At the beginning of the game, please listen to the instructions and no side conversations while the game rules are being discussed. If there is something that is important to talk about please excuse yourself from the game. Many games have different variations on how to play and sometimes you need to be open to playing a different way then you are used too. Bad behavior will not be tolerated either. We want this to be fun and social but when it becomes too loud and too disruptive then games don't get played. We want to keep the games moving at a good pace so you will need to pay attention to when it is your turn. Some games are speed games and need to be played fast again Bunco is one of those games.  Yes, patience is a good virtue but only goes so far in a speed game. 

Games are expensive especially strategy games. Be mindful of eating food while playing other peoples games. It cost a lot to buy them and to replace pieces for the owner. The owner should know when to bring them and to leave them at home. My pool parties are probably not a wise choice to bring your expensive games. Please put your name on your games. A few peoples games have disappeared. Also, you need only bring a few games that you want to play that night. There is no need to bring your tote on wheels and bring every game in your closet.

We are open to having more people host events. We appreciate you opening up your home or finding a public venue. You will be responsible for setting up the event, all notifications and the attendance list. Meetup is all done by volunteers and the organizers work full time so they can not do it for you. If you want to host then you will need to take on the task yourself. I would be open to helping set up your first event but I will not be responsible for it. If I did then I would host my own game night.

If you are not able to bring something to share then bring a donation to the organizer. It does cost the organizer to provide food, supplies and games to every event. We know that times are hard for some and we want you to still attend but we do not want it to be too expensive for the organizer all the time.

Thanks and see you at the next gaming event.
Tracey