Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,375
Rodney, you were inquiring last night about my last game purchase. My last purchase was on February 5th - so almost exactly 6 months ago. I picked up Pandemic, Rails of Europe, and Bottle Imp. Well 2 outta 3 ain't bad... My previous order before that was October 7th of '07. Guess that means it must be time for me to pick up a new game or 2 pretty soon. I really enjoyed Colosseum so that's a possibility. I also enjoyed the heck out of Jamaica, but I'm not sure its really worth $65 + shipping. The game I was telling you guys about briefly last night is Wasabi!. Zman's website says it'll be available in October, Boards and Bits says December. I've been waiting on the damn game since this past spring! Download and take a peek at the rules, looks like a fun, light tile laying game. Now I gotta take a look at this Shadow Hunter game I just saw on zman's website.......
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 748
February 5th? I have difficulty going 6 days without a new game let alone 6 months. I really need to slow up on my purchases.

Funagain has Jamaica listed for $47.99, (quite a bit cheaper than Boards & Bits) but they don't have it in stock at this time.

Wasabi? Do I have to take a look? (hehe) I might end up liking what I see biggrin
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,378
Don't worry about it, Rodney. Its a definite buy for me (if it ever comes out) so you can have a chance to play it before you buy. I don't really have any tile laying games in my collection so its sort of a no brainer for me -- that plus I seem to love games about making food....
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 749
Inkognito
Lascaux
Times Up Title Recall
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 905
The dealers are at WBC so I have bought:
Halli Galli (Christmas version)
Alhambra expansion #2
Hanging Gardens
Ivanhoe
Carcassonne expansion #5 or 6, Abbey & Manor
Thurn & Taxis
Escalation!
purple meeples
orange meeples
Saboteur
Formula Motor Racing
Sudoku: The card game

I will look for the game you wanted Doug to see if it's here, and I will check with Z-man games to see what I can find out about a release date for the other title. There is no tax or shipping at the convention, but things are going fast.

** Z-man is having a production issue with Wasabi and has no firm date for release according to what I could find out today.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,319
Dvonn and I won Daytona 500 on Ebay a few weeks ago.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 391
Well, WBC was most kind to me. Now I have to avoid buying anything for a while in an effort to not become Rodney. Recently acquired are:

GMT:
Kutuzov
Napoleonic Wars, 2nd Ed.

Cardhaus:
Alhambra: The City Gates Expansion
China Rails
Settlers of Catan: Pre-2007 Adapter Kit
Wings of War: Dogfight Booster Pack
Wings of War: Immelmann Booster Pack

Unfortunately, they screwed me on Alhambra and Puerto Rico, which was the primary reason for the purchase. Sigh. I'm now looking to pick up either cheap.

From WBC:

Amazing Labyrinth $10
Wooden Ships and Iron Men $10
War at Sea (L2 version) $30 (sweet half price!)
Breakout Normandy (less than half the price of EBAY)
Carcassone (A special Edition with 3 or 4 of the first expansions)
Rail Baron + US Rails.

A folio game from L2 - Operation Typhoon (I think)
Not War, But Murder

All in all, a sweet set of hauls.
A former member
Post #: 305
My WBC haul consists mostly of games I picked up at bargain prices.
I figure I can pick up new games at standard pricing any other time.
My prize find was at the WBC Auction Store, an out of print[OOP] game I owned before it was stolen in a car break in. I've always thought this was a great game. RGG is supposed to be reprinting it, but this copy was there for immediate gratification at only $25. You can even play it in up to 7!: Medieval Merchant
Another gem I found at the WBC Auction Store was from my misspent youth: the original version of Starfire. The original Starfire was a contemporary of the original Star Fleet Battles. It was similar in that you had spaceships and preplotted movement, but in Starfire you designed and built your own ships vs. using the canned ships they gave you in SFB. Starfire did eventually suffer the same cruel fate as SFB[ASL disease - keep publishing more and more rules as long as those fools are still buying, nevermind if you make the game unplayable]. But this original version was quite an enjoyable play. $8 for a sealed copy of nostalgia was a good find. If you catch me in the right mood I might even play it[it still has preplotted impulse movementsad]. My final find in the Auction Store was a sealed copy of Quo Vadis? for $12., a bargain I couldn't refuse.
The completeist in me was happy to win a cheap copy of AH's Basketball Strategy in the WBC auction for $4. Now I have the complete set of Football, Baseball and Basketball Strategy games.
The WBC Dealer Room opened on Friday and Z-Man had Reef Encounter for $30[Heads Up! for those of you going to Origins]. I wasn't planning on buying any new games, but Reef Encounter is a great game and I found that deal too hard to walk away from. FYI, Z-Man is sold out of Agricola, a reprint is planned. A printing of the Reef Encounter Expansion is also planned. While I was wandering the Dealer Room I found a Distributor liquidating their inventory of DaVinci Games. So I picked up King Me! and Figaro for $10 and $4 respectively. I remember playing King Me! at the Coffeehouse and enjoying it. I wasn't going to buy Figaro until I saw "Reiner Knizia" on the cover and then it was a no brainer. I would've picked up Leonardo Da Vinci if they hadn't sold out. I almost forgot I picked up a $5 sealed copy of AH's OOP Wrasslin' for trade bait.
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 906
Here's the rest of my haul:
Montgolfiere
That's Life
Ruse & Bruise
Caylus Magna Carta
Zooloretto
Bohnanza
Ubongo
Say Anything
Sudoku the Card Game
Bang
Bang Dodge City
If Wishes Were Fishes
Ivanhoe
Munchkin
Saboteur
Escalation!
Frank's Zoo
Pickomino
The Great Dalmuti
Mama Mia!
Formula Motor Racing
Trans Europe
Santa Fe Rails
LOTR Confrontation
Hermagor
Elfenland
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,324
Wow! You guys had quite a haul at WBC. The three of you bought as many games as Rodney does in a week!laughing

I'd really love a game of Medieval Merchant and Say Anything.

I've been waiting for the reprint on MM. Say Anything seems like it will be the perfect party game.