The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Tuesday April 26th Games

Tuesday April 26th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 25
I'm going to start the voting off with Puerto Rico. I've been really looking forward to trying that one. Scott, thanks for bringing that one on Wednesday. I'd also like to give Citadels another go. I know that Joel is looking forward to playing that one as well. It's too bad April is on vacation because I'm sure she'd enjoy it. I'm also going to mention one I wanted to try a while ago, Robo Rally. I'm not sure if anyone is into trying that one, but I'd really like to give a go.

Don
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 16
I'll want to try Puerto Rico at some point after I come back!
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 13
You can play it online too at a german hosted online gaming site: Brettspielwelt

Along with alot of other board games. I haven't however found the time to figure out the interface and play a game there, but know a number of people who do online gaming there.
A former member
Post #: 5
Puerto Rico is an outstanding game, and I'm confident you'll enjoy it, Don. I've played it many times at brettspielwelt, although it is much more fun live and in person where you can hold the little barrels of corn....

I also second Citadels. Great game.

Someday, I would like to try El Grande. It doesnt have to be anytime soon. Just someday. I've played a couple times with 3, but I would very much like to give it a go with 4 or 5.

As usual, though, I'm up for pretty much anything.

And as a followup to Kevin's comment about brettspielwelt, I brought a printout on how to get started there yesterday (Sorry Bobbie, I totally forgot I had them with me until after you left. I'll bring yours next week). I am usually online between 10pm and midnight most days. If anyone's online then, feel free to look me up. You can find me by typing "/hook Tintin" in the text bar (Tintin is my username there). I'd be happy to show you around.

Scott
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 32
I'd really like to try Puerto Rico also. Depending on how many people we have, looks like the 1st game might have ot be a split group like last week (which worked well anyways). I'll most certainly bring my Citadels cards along. Depending on the number of players, I would also like to introduce the group to Bang! soon. I think I might wanna wait for April to get back for that one tho ::evil grin::

As a side note for Scott: How does Wednesday sound for an evening of Memoir 44? I dont know what your schedule is like, but my wife will be out of town both Tuesday and Wednesday so I am free both nights. We could meet up at the coffee house at whatever time is convenient for you. Note: I am not saying other people cant come (of course), its just Scott mentioned wanting to play it again. If 2 more people showed up we could certainly try the 4 player rules (tho I am unsure as to how well the game works with 4).

Don, call me. I think I lost your phone number.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 7
I wholeheartly agree. Puerto Rico and Citadels would be my top choice.

Unfotunately, I have a class to attend Tuesday night, so my vote does not count.

Regarding Wednesday though, I can be available for a Memoir 44 either as a player or as a spectator
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 8
Hi Guys,
I just thought I would let you know that I borrowed Munchkin Bites from my Friday night gaming friends for this Tuesday and I have to give it back on Friday, but I will be there at 6 and I think Jean is coming so if there are three of 4 there, we could play Bites before hand (since we didn't get started until late last week and Joel and Don were having fun without us!!!!!
I'm easy - well okay - not "easy, but Easy. I think the suggestions are good, but I think we save Robo Rally for Ruth. and since she won't be there Tuesday and Wednesday, that should wait maybe till the next meeting.
Incidentally, you people are eveil. I had never been to Thought Hammer. My order is so far up to $187.
Thank God for tax returns!!confused
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 33
Thought Hammer rules... Might I also suggest Fair Play Games. They have a better selection, but their prices are a tad higher. I generally check to see if Thought Hammer has something 1st, then go to Fair pLay if they dont. As a side note, Fair Play tends to ship faster, and they are located in Michigan (as opposed to Texas) so the shipping time is faster.

I should be able to be there at 6 for a Bites! game. We should just set a starting rule that whomever is the highest level when the last person arrives is the winner. That way nobody is sitting around waiting for the game to finish.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 27
Well it looks like there's going to be five of us on Tuesday. I'm still looking forward to playing Puerto Rico, but I'm wondering what the second game will be. Last week Doug and Scott planned for Memoir 44, but we need Scott to teach Puerto Rico. So I'm looking for suggestions for the second game (2 person game) because I don't want to have anyone sitting around or paying something they're not interested in. As an alternative we could try El Grande, Bang! (I think Bang! can play 5), or Munchkin Bites instead and save Puerto Rico for another week. We may want to try Bang! before April gets back that way more of us have a fighting chance, just kidding ;) (sort of). If anyone else has another good 5 player game suggestions I'm definitely open.

Doug: I'd be up to trying the 4 person Memoir 44 if we can find a 4th. I think Joel is game, I'll ask him.

Don
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 34
No worries Don. Puerto Rico plays up to 5. I dont know what the playtime is, but I'm assuming we could get in a second game of something. As far as the second game goes, I'd suggest something light. I plan on bringing the following as a second, lighter game if we have time:

Bang!

Hex Hex

Mystery of the Abbey

Mystery of the Abbey would be time permitting as it takes I would say at least 1 hour to play. Bobbie would be a better judge of that as she has played it many more times than I have.