The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Monthly Gaming at UB

Monthly Gaming at UB

Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1
Hello all,

I just joined this group. I know a few of you (hi Don and Joel).

I'm in the process of organizing a regular monthly gaming day at UB in association with SARPA. What I'm trying to do is create a place where area board and miniature gamers can get together. Fortunately one of our students is the SARPA Games Coordinator, and we worked out how this can work. If you don't know, SARPA basically has most of the first floor of Baldy reserved for gaming every Saturday. Anyone is welcome to come and play and much of the space is not used any given week.

What we're going to do is have a once a month game day taking as many of the classrooms as we need. Right now, we're scheduling it for the first saturday of the month, although the first meeting will be on September 10th (the second saturday) to avoid Labor day weekend. I have a yahoo group created to support this:
http://games.groups.y...­

The idea is to meet at a regular day and time. Whoever can make it, makes it. The yahoo group is used to aprise people of who may be there and what people will be bringing to play. There is a Rochester board gaming group that uses yahoo this way, and it seems to be a good model. In fact, we scheduled the day to avoid direct conflict with them, because it's likely that some will come in to play. There are a number of Buffalo area gamers I know that have been looking for a way to do this locally, so hopefully this can serve.

Of course, anyone is welcome, any games are fine, and it's absolutely free! This is not limited to UB students or staff, and by hosting it at UB, hopefully we can draw from their gamers to create an larger pool of people.

If you're interested in coming in addition to your regular weekly gaming, please let me know. I can post more details here if there is interest.

thanks

Grant
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 129
Hi Grant,
Welcome to the group!!!
I have one question about the Yahoo site. It says its for wargaming - is that it or are you looking to create a wider pool and that happened to be the starting description. Just wondering.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 2
Hi,

Actually it is intended to be completely inclusive of all board and miniatures gamers. The real idea is to just increase the pool of gamers that are able to quickly reach each other so we can all maximize our gaming opportunities.

grant