addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › December 7th Games

December 7th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,913
Ah HA!!! The cheating continues, eh, Mark? TARNISHED VICTORY!!!

Just kidding. I really enjoyed the game. I like it a lot more than Resistance, of course the playtime is a lot longer also.
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 291
Reading online, it looks like no one gets this game right on the first play.

Everyone is posting questions on attacking when you enter a room, what it costs in action points, etc..
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,646
The rules as they were originally written are a mess. The designer has updated the rules multiple times in an effort to make them easier to understand but still they left many with questions and "what ifs". I thought I had everything figured out but I overlooked a few important things.

1) You are not required to spend all your action points.

2) Firing a gun costs 1 AP. Therefore 4 bullets and 4 actions can kill an opponent if you are in the same room at the start of your turn.

3) An exploration card with 2 rooms and 1 icon can be searched regardless of which of the 2 rooms you are in.

4) When a parasite spawns, it is possible for it to spawn in an adjacent room on the other side of a wall or a secure door after a die roll. It's only during the parasite phase (when the parasites move) that they can't move through walls or secure doors.

5) If you attack another player in a room with the team search icon (magnifying glass) you are not allowed to perform the team search action.

6) Only 1 trade is possible per room, per character, per turn. If you want to trade again in the same room you would have to move your 2nd character into that room. In other words, no leaving the room and re-entering to force multiple trades.

Ok now I understand all the rules let's play again :)

FWIW: If Doug didn't try to infect me on his 1st trade with me and instead passed me a good card I may have trusted him when he passed me his 2nd infection card. I guess what I'm saying is that the game might have played out a lot differently had Doug showed early signs of being a good guy wink

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,915
Oh no doubt, Rodney. Having played it now, I would not have come out swinging like I did. I would have been a little sneakier. 1) I underestimated the number of gas cans in the deck. 2) I really thought I had to get the infection out early because I didn't think the game was going to last very long. I thought if I waited a turn or two it would be too late. Seems like you could wait till turn 2 or even 3 and still have plenty of time to get your infections out. I would really like to try it again some time.
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 292
The number of gas cans was a surprise to me too. I tried three infections in one turn and was blocked on all three.