addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › February 8th Games

February 8th Games

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 321
I very much enjoyed eclipse tonight, thanks Andy!

I think I made a big booboo though which might have helped me crush Paul, was I counting my plasma missles as 1 damage or 2 damage each? Im thinking i only counted each hit as 1 and shoulda blown up that starbase as I thought I had at least 4 hits, but maybe I am just trying to come up with reasons for my terrible fall from glory. It probably didnt matter cause after I blew my missles I still needed to hit a bunch of times.

I have learned I should not be in charge of firing spaceship weapons cause I am apparently lousy at it. Paul with his sneaky interceptors...

Okay I should go to bed now.

I seem to recall the first time you shot, you did two damage each (or at least in my head you were doing two damage each). I think the starbase had a double hull, and two regular hulls.

You hit twice the first roll (out of four dice) - for 4 damage - and once the second roll (out of four dice). I know, even with double damage, the first roll wasn't quite enough to take out the starbase, what I don't recall is if the starbase was destroyed on the second shot, though my memory tells me it should have been, but the interceptors remained (were they also double hulled?)

It seems there are a number of people on BGG that believe the missiles are too powerful and ruin the game. I didn't really want to mess with Ryan when he had them, but Paul showed one way to take them down. I'm excited to play it again.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,729
Trajan was awesome. Jenna is right, the rondell (I think they're calling it the Mancala mechanism on the Geek) is a little tricky. You need to plan ahead two or three turns, so you can time your actions right and activate all your bonus tiles.

It's hard to compare it to something. It had a lot of fresh ideas. The game itself is manipulating your rondell to take advantage of scoring opportunities. The board is really just a fancy space to score points and store goodies. There is a minor avoid the pain goal as well that keeps you honest.

It's a pretty simple game except for the rondell. I'd love to give it another try. It was a lot of fun.