addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › May 2nd Games

May 2nd Games

Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,130
How did Antiquity go?
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 111
It went over well enough

Took about 3 hours over approximately 10 rounds. Ryan won and I believe Paul and I were both probably 2 or 3 turns away from exerting our own victory. We all spent several rounds simply struggling to get a grasp on resources and I think everyone had the occasional turn with no net gain of any resource or headway at all. Paul went small and efficient, utilizing the Alchemy building every turn to keep the areas in his zone clean. Ryan grabbed up a good variety of resources and went after a 2nd city pretty early on. And I attempted to spread out with Inns.

About the time Ryan got a 2nd city, I had decided I would try for San Giorgio (win by controlling all areas an opponent can control) as Paul hadn't expanded much at all and I had already expanded into a neighboring tile. However it took me too many turns balancing out food production for the Inns and collecting the resources for the Stables to start my expansion and by then Paul had steadily spread out. Ryan expanded to a 3rd city and then was safely like 2 turns away from his Santa Barbara (construct all buildings) victory.