addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › June 13th Games

June 13th Games

Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 850
Uh Oh. Sorry JP I forgot that I have another commitment that night and I won't be able to make it out this Wednesday. But I am certainly up for it another time, if you decide to run it another week.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,456
I am always down for DS, I love the game. My only requirement is that if Isaac is playing I dont want to sit adjacent to him or directly across from him. However I don't think ill be there to play next week.

Nor will he play it on Tuesdays or if the cafeteria is serving fish sticks.

Or on a boat, or with a goat ...
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,816
I'll offer up Hawaii for slot one. 2-5 players 60-90 min. This is a fairly new release that I've yet to play, but after reading the rules it sounds like a game filled with interesting and sometimes tough decisions. It also made the Kennerspiel recommended list for 2012.

Don't expect to lie around the sun, lazily sipping cocktails and passively watching hula dancers, because the tactical game Hawaii is not a paradise for idlers, but rather for bold, active strategists. Restlessly, they'll move their pieces on the game board, facing constant challenges in terms of making their beautiful villages on this beautiful island as profitable as possible. Only those who will be able to use their dwindling resources to meet the increasing demands over five rounds will find a spot for themselves on the beach.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 683
Dominant Species is too long a game for how random it is. And I don't mean random in a I missed my dice roll kind of way. I mean random in a wtf just happened, how do I recover from that sort of way. It also suffers dramatically from the PR effect. One bad player tilts the game dramatically because everyone has to be competing or someone is running away with it.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 851
Well good news, It looks like Wed freed up so I will play Dominant Species if you still want to run it and a few more people are interested.
Jeff
user 26500762
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 40
Hawaii please.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,751
I'll go Hawaii please, thanks.

I could get talked into the DS game as well; if it gets going and if there is a lot of demand for Hawaii.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 356
I'll try Hawaii.

Andy
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 123
I can also make it and will sign up for the potential DS game.
Paul
paulguy
Rochester, NY
Post #: 64
Dominate species please

Someone remind me to timelapse this...