The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › July 24th Games

July 24th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,270
Ryan, I have Survive packed to bring tonight.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,641
Has anyone played Flashpoint: Fire Rescue or Small World? I own both but I still need to learn the rules.
I have them both. I don't have all the expansions for either, but I'll bring what I have tonight.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,642
I have played Flashpoint a couple times with Don, but I do not own it. I own and have played Small World (without expansions) numerous times. I would certainly be willing to teach you how to play on an upcomming wednesday night.

As for Walnut Grove, next week I'll gladly run it and reserve spots for Don, Midge, and AndrewL on the condition that I can call you Pa, Ma, and Little Laura, respectively...
What about Manly? Best name in the series hands down.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 504
I should be there tonight and would like to try to break Ryan's game (though it won't be on purpose)!

What room do we meet in nowadays?
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 332
O'Brien 209-212. Somewhere in there. Look for the sign that says: "Class in session: DO NOT DISTURB!" wink
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 819
I have been playing a card game called Netrunner and am interested in checking out other games. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,101
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. My Grandmother needs my help taking care of some things she can no longer handle on her own.

Midge, I can run Manhattan Project next week if you like.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,102
So how did your game go Ryan?

What else got played?
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,272
Joel and I played Star Wars cards. I manage to barely squeak a win past Joel. Had I not won a pivotal edge battle and claimed my 3rd objective, he would have steamrolled me the following turn with his Star Destroyers for the win.

I saw Zombicide being played, and from what I gather despite Don's terrible die rolls, the survivors were holding their own against the zombie hordes.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 531
I enjoyed Star Wars, and I have to disagree with the Sit Down Shut Up review.

I discarded a second twist of fate, for a card that got me Admiral Motti, while Motti is a very good card, the second twist of fate, would have probably won the last edge battle for the Imperial Navy, which then would have forced another turn, allowing the Devastator to lock its turbo lasers on to the nearest objective, and we all know what turbo lasers do to an objectivedevilish

I found the concept interesting, I found that the initial deployment phase to be a setup for a major engagement, and then the edge battle is that key fight that turns the battle to one sides favor.

Watching the Sit Down review I was under the impression you never run out of cards or have to make a tough choice. I found resources and character cards to be limited.

I felt I needed to bring more guns to bear at the time I had the two twist of fates, leading me to discard, rather than sit and hold for a turn.

While Doug makes the claim the game was close, I also believe he took it easy on me, I used Motti burst ability to do as much damage as I could to an objective. I think Doug could have probably attacked and killed Motti depriving me of his precious two resources.