Mid-South Board Gaming Club Message Board › Power Grid Tournament Clarifications

Power Grid Tournament Clarifications

Clayton
rigelberry
Group Organizer
Cordova, TN
I am excited to see people starting to sign up for the Power Grid Tournament.  I have also had several questions about this different tournament format.  So I wanted to explain how this one will work.
First, players only need to enter 1 qualifying round.  They are able to choose which board they wish to play on.  If they place first or second, they have earned a spot in the final round, and do not need to play in either of the other qualifying rounds.  The player who places third will be considered an alternate, but will not have a guaranteed spot in the final.  The alternate who fills an open spot at the table will chosen by lot.
Second, If anyone who does not earn a spot in the final table (because they placed 3rd or lower) may enter another qualifying round.  Hence, the 1st chance, 2nd chance, 3rd chance titles given to each qualifying round.
See you at game time!
~Clayton