add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Miami Secular Humanists Book Club Meetup Message Board › The Meeting Today

The Meeting Today

Closed to new replies

James H.
Group Organizer
Tavernier, FL
Hi everyone,
I am sorry that I won't be able to attend the first meeting. I live in the Keys and the trip is too risky for me to take with the storm that is starting to pound our islands.
I have asked my good friend Tara Stewart to take charge in my place. She will be at the Cafe a little early waiting for you. I asked the Cafe to find us a location that is quiet and they are expecting up to 6 persons at 1 PM today.

One thing that you all should try to do besides discussing the great book Robert Price wrote is decide how many books you want to read during the year, what the subjects you look forward to reading about are and whether we should continue at Demetrio.

Isn't it amazing what one learns when the history of the period when the church was being born is open, accessible, and reported upon by an expert like Price? When I was growing up as a Irish Catholic the story we learned about how the church began was nothing like the one we are reading here. I spent 16 years in Catholic schools and did not get exposed to the possibility that there might be some other history of the early church than the one that we were taught until I was in the University of Notre Dame being taught metaphysics by Jesuits.

Last but not least we are expected to purchase some sort of victuals from the Cafe to have use of their facilities. You can each decide what you want to buy whether it is a light lunch or just a drink like some tea or a dessert. Have a wonderful first meeting.