The Great Escape Book Club Message Board › Monday Night Attendees

Monday Night Attendees

A former member
As most of you already know, I took your votes and chose five that were popular. The rest were blessed with either no votes at all or two at the most. The chosen books all had multiple votes. So....

The plan now is to choose from the following books when we meet on the 21st. I will leave you to do your own research on these, but they all appear to have some decent fodder for discussion.

Empire of the Sun (By J.G. Ballard)

The Last Runaway (By Tracy Chevalier - who authored The Girl With the Pearl Earring)

The Casual Vacancy (By J.K. Rowling - well reviewed on Good Reads)

The Road (By Cormac McCarthy)

If any of you have a book we haven't yet read (please look back on the last two years - both Saturday and Monday meetings), that you believe will generate a lot of discussion, please email me and let me know. We don't want a list of 25 to choose from. I think 5 or less at this point will be more than sufficient. If we choose two then that's okay as well.

I am also aware that we read The Art of Racing in the Rain a little over two years ago, but our Monday night attendees have changed a great deal over the past couple of years that I don't think it will be a repeat for most. If you've all read it, please let me know so that I can switch it for something else. Nothing is written in stone.

I hope you are all enjoying 11/22/63, and I'll see you all on the 21st!!