The East Valley Book Club Message Board › Sad news for my long time members

Sad news for my long time members

Shelly H.
ShellyHughes
Group Organizer
Mesa, AZ
Hi Guys!

I try my hardest not to "mass-email" everyone with all kinds of silly things, so I hope that you will be indulgent with me this one time . . .

I received an email today that one of our VERY long time members, Bill Davies, has passed away.

Bill is actually one of my assistant organizers, and for those of you who knew him, I am sure, like me, that you will remember him as one of the most active, and vocal members, who always loved a good read! (and was never shy about sharing his opinion! Anyone remember "The Time Traveller's Wife"?)

Bill had not been coming to book club lately, due to health reasons, as well as a change in career and schedule (he started working nights), but I did manage to keep in touch with him and his wife, and I know that I personally (as well as my family) are devasted by this loss.
A celebration of Life is being planned for him on Saturday, January 15, 2011, at 1:00PM in the Clubhouse of the apartment complex Villa Fiesta: 1515 S Extension Rd, Mesa AZ.

I know that I will be there, but it might be nice for Bill to be represented by people that can show a huge part of his life that he loved: other bookreaders. It was so important to him.

Does anyone want to meet up before, or after for a quick drink and remembrances? I know that Bill loved a good brandy, stinky cheese and a good book . . . what better way to celebrate someone that shares so much with us?

Let me know if you are interested in showing up together . . . his wife Nina would really appreciate one and all being there for support.

Thanks.

Shelly Y. Hughes-Tetu

Barbara A.
user 6100591
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 6
Shelly
Thank you for writing. I am sorry to hear of Bill's passing. Of course I remember him. He was so very knowledgeable about books, especially those he considered 'literature.' I am sorry to hear of his death and would be interested in attending a Celebration of Life.
Barb