For the Tue Dec 13 event, we have expanded the meeting time and topics.
We will start a little early so we can simulcast a live talk from the Microsoft campus in Redmond (part of the Learn Windows Azure event).
Then - live, and in-person - we have a fantastic cast of five speakers, all from BlueMetal Architects. The theme of the talks is centered on Using Windows Azure to extend your applications to Mobile devices, but - as you can see - it dives into a number of related topics.
- 5:30-5:45 - Gather, get a drink, grab a seat
- 5:45-6:45 - Building Scalable Cloud Applications - Join us a little early for this session by David Aiken of Microsoft, live streamed from Redmond- Do you want to build applications that are highly scalable, loosely coupled, and highly available? Learn about key Windows Azure services and patterns from David Aiken in this live streamed session.
- 6:45-7:00 - Pizza & Social Break
- 7:00 - 8:30 - FEATURED TALKS WITH BLUE METAL SPEAKERS (live at NERD):
··· 1. Pattern Overview and Introduction of the Toolkits: Todd Bremner (15 min)
··· 2. Walkthrough of Queues & Topics: Igor Moochnick (15–20 min)
··· 3. Using the iOS Toolkit: Michael Hodgdon (15–20 min)
··· 4. Coding in iOS without the Tookit: John Pelak (15–20 min)
··· 5. Azure from Windows Phone 7: Rich Crane (15-20 min)
- 8:30-8:35 - Announcements, give-aways, wrap-up
- 8:35-?:?? - Cold drink at local watering hole
Note this is on Tues Dec 13 - not the usual monthly meeting time for Boston Azure! We return to our normal schedule in January where we have Michael Stiefel headlining with a talk titled Architecting for Failure: Why Cloud Architecture Is Different. You can RSVP here.