Boston City Girls Message Board › Dinner for breast cancer research

Dinner for breast cancer research

A former member
Hey ladies,

I hope that you all are enjoying your week thus far. I had an idea for an event and wanted to know who would be interested. Because we are a group of almost 1,500 women, it is safe to assume that many of us have known someone with suffered or continues to suffer with breast cancer. My mother and aunt both suffered from breast cancer, and my grandmother is a two time survivor. Therefore, in the past, I have participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, in memory of my mother and raised over $40,000. However, as the new organizer of this group, I see the opportunity to do more for the cause.

I'd like to organize a charity dinner where all proceeds will go to breast cancer research. I am seeking the help of five or six members to co-organize this event with me. I think that it can truly be fantastic. Please e-mail me if you are interested. In this e-mail, please tell me a little bit about yourself, and why you are interested. (You do not have to share how this disease has affected you if you are uncomfortable doing so.) I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Abby