addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Linda Cantrell Message Board › Tear Stain Question

Tear Stain Question

Billy E.
user 13359708
Asheville, NC
Post #: 2
Hey guys,

My boston, Melvin, has had worse tear stains this winter than I've ever seen.....especially one eye. He normally doesn't have much as all. There doesn't seem to be any visible issues with the eye itself, or anything obvious going on, other than the stain is darker brown than it's ever been, & maybe it's tearing more than normal. It's only been minor, and occasional up until about the start of this winter. He's on the same food & water that he's always been on. I even tried an upgrade in food, that really didn't change it. I also tried some powder stuff that you sprinkle on his food....it claims to be for this, it didn't do anything either. I've got a feeling that the mineral content in our water is different than it has been or something. (He gets mostly filtered tap water, same as I drink). It doesn't seem to be bothering him....no unusual odor or anything. Anybody else have this going on? Anybody got any ideas for me to try? I've been laid off from work since Nov., so I can't really swing any unnecessary vet visits or useless treatments. I don't think there's any need for a vet trip, but I'll take him if it gets worse. I have to make every dollar count these days.....more than ever. The only new thing in our equation is a room-mate. Maybe he's got some kind of allergy related to this....the time frame is about the same, but not exactly. I noticed is more since about xmas till now. The roommate moved in in mid Nov.

Just looking for some sound advice. Anybody?

Thanks,
Billy Earnest