The San Francisco Boston Terrier Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for a 9 month foster

Looking for a 9 month foster

Jenny C.
user 46647132
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi there,

My family and I moved to Singapore for a year and a friend had agreed to watch our 7 year old sweet boston Gus while we are gone. Unfortunately she has a dog and 2 kids of her own and it has been too much for them. I need to find a temporary home for him for the next 8-9 months while we are gone.

We have family in town that would take him for weekends or any travel/vacation. They would also pick him up and take him to any vet appointments. They would love to help full-time but can't have a dog.

I of course would cover all expenses and also pay someone each month for whatever is decided between both parties.

We need to head back this Monday and we have no where for him to go. I'm hoping you might have some ideas on a trustworthy loving temp home.

About Gus: He is a healthy, sweet, lovable, and very gentle boy! We have 2 little boys who pull, tug, and chase him all day. He loves kids! He sleeps a ton and is very funny about his bed time and wake up time :) He still gets what we call his "surges" but for the most part is very mellow. He gets along great with other dogs, but does have leash aggression. If he sees another dog on a leash he will go after him and if he is on a leash and comes across another dog he barks and pulls. Because of his age and how much he has mellowed over the last couple of years he does not require much exercise and now gets tired easily after playing fetch. He usually sleeps in our bed but over the last 3 months has been sleeping in his dog bed in another room with my friend's dog and it worked out fine.

Thanks,
Jen