addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Portland Boxer Activity Club Message Board › Change in Organizer

Change in Organizer

Lynn
Hillsboro, OR
For some reason the notice that Barbara has stepped down as the Organizer did not go out to everyone nor did my messages about what to do (See Message Board which is the only place they appeared).  I am willing to take over being Organizer unless someone else wants to do it.  I would love to  have another co-organizer along with Julie who does the Vancouver Meet-ups.

The biggest thing we need to do is figure out how to pay for the group to be on Meet-up.  It costs $144/year at the cheapest rate of $12/mo for 6 months.  Jasmine contributed and I added enough to keep us going for 3 months which costs $45 til we can figure out how we want to do it (dues or pass the hat). I assume Larry paid it all those years but I'm not sure if it was this much at that time and Barbara has been paying it for the past year but I feel it should be shared by all of us who enjoy this group.

I'd like to hear from all of you. Do you want to continue the group on Meet-up?  If so, what do you think is the best way to continue to fund the group being on Meet-up? Is anyone interested in being a co-organizer? Hope to see a lot of you at Chimney Park at 1:00 on the 21st and we can discuss it more then.

Lynn & Ripley
lori
user 10734900
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 9
I can do $30, but i won't be at the meetup to give it to you, maybe i could mail it?
Lynn
Hillsboro, OR
Post #: 7
We'll miss you on the 21st! That is a very generous donation-we really don't need that much if everyone who comes pitches in $3-5 for the year, we'll be fine. There are folks who want to change it to Facebook which won't cost anything which is nice, but I don't feel Facebook lends itself to Meet-ups so will step down if that is what the groups wants to do. Hang onto the money for now, we're good for 3 months while the groups decides what they want to do.