A former member
Post #: 5
I am a 24 year old female and I feel like I am also becoming more and more isolated from society also. I was pretty isolated in High school but then I got to college and found awesome friends and found out that I wasn't evil for being a atheists. Thinking back I have been an atheist since I could ask a question. I was raised in a Jehovah's witness. Which most people know is almost a clut. LOL. But I when I got to college I found my best friend in the world just by saying under my breath hell is a fairy tale to intimidate children into behaving. And bamb best friend in the world for 3 years.(College = Awesome)

Than I met a boy moved to Gwinnett and for the past 2 years I have been pulling my hair out living with a spiritual person who I am debating on a daily bases about things. I need some people who understand and don't think this is just a "phase" of my life Like I have been told. I need to get off of my but and stop watching Bones and talk to other people :)

I am counting down the days until the gathering on the 12th. But I am still very nerves about attending I am pretty much a social retard. Can't wait to meet everyone.

*sorry I am not a good writer/speller !
A former member
Post #: 129
Hi Ebony!

Personally, I was raised Roman Catholic, was a deist/agnostic by the end of highschool and was thoroughly atheist by the time I graduated from university (so yes, College = Awesome. heh). I had a girlfriend in college who was raised Jehovah's Witness, but didn't follow the religion by the time I met her. I never discussed her beliefs (since I just didn't bother discussing that kind of stuff with anyone in those days), but she was probably at least agnostic with some spiritual tendencies. Those tendencies tended to annoy me, if I remember correctly. heh.

I had one friend in highschool who was an atheist, and he still remains my friend today (20+ years later), and I was VERY fortunate to have met my wife, who's whole family is atheist. It's very nice to have that refuge from the religiosity that I have to put up with on a day to day basis here.

I haven't made it out to any meetings, myself, but that's only due to my schedule being a little weird, and thus always conflicting with meeting times.
Russ
user 7132616
Lawrenceville, GA
Post #: 116
Ebony,

No need to be nervous about the meeting. We're all in the same boat in important ways. We don't have any expectations for newcomers, except that they be willing to put up with the rest of us for a bit. Our meetings are intended as safe welcoming places for non-theistic people.

I look forward to meeting you.

Russ
A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks I can't wait I am counting down the days :)
Vance
user 13932661
Covington, GA
Post #: 3
"We accept her! We accept her! One of us! One of us!" - movie Freaks, 1932 (Fans of the Ramones may also recognize the line)

Speaking of which; do you guys have some kind of cool initiation ceremony? smile

"Free Thinker, Not A Deep Thinker"
A former member
Post #: 7
Like in a clut you have to drink some juice !
J/k !! LOL !!