Bubbles Up Jacksonville Message Board › Monthly Meeting Ideas

Monthly Meeting Ideas

DeAnn
user 6836599
Group Organizer
Gainesville, FL
We had a great turn out at the September Monthly Meetup - new faces and old turned out to Dave & Busters and we had them getting us more tables and chairs - what an awesome feeling.....

I tried to get to everyone that was there and let them know what was coming up and things that are being discussed.  The excitement of the different types of diving from just getting certified to cave to more ocean diving ahead.....

Remember, when navigating Meetup, I have found that the calendar view sometimes is the handiest way to see what is coming up.  I try to stay at least a month ahead, but do sometimes get a little behind.

October isn't full yet as we have family members coming into town, so don't have as many free weekends.  But, I do want to try and set up a Halloween Party in Jacksonville if someone is open to having us in their home :)....maybe the 19th or 20th?  And perhaps we can go Offshore Jax on the 21st?

Then we are heading down to Orlando the next weekend, Oct 26th to be land support for the DiveQuest group that will be diving that Saturday.  The Landshark part is only land, no diving, we will all get our own tickets and lodging, but can hang out together and check out the parks, then of course on Saturday we will watch our FULL group dive into the Living Seas :)  For any staying in Jacksonville, we could use a "host" for the next monthly meeting :)

November, brings us to Cave Country and the DUI Dry Suit Demo at Manatee Springs.  This gives divers a chance to try out a dry suit...a few of use have signed up and plan to see what it is like.  It is a weekend event, but if only want to go one day, then perhaps we can check something else out the next (although, we will probably be wishing we had the dry suits on when we go).  Then later that month we will rent a pontoon boat and visit with the Manatees while others are hitting the malls on Black Friday.

Some other ideas for November:

West Palm Beach (quick weekend shore/dive charter weekend)

Camping at Devil's Den or Manatee

Epcot's DiveQuest

If you are interested in any of these ideas, please let me know what dates work best for you.  Additionally, thinking about checking into a liveaboard, cruise or trip out of the country for March...anyone else interested?

And, if anyone is planning a dive and would like to have some other peeps join in, just put it as a suggestion and let's see what happens :)

Thanks and remember to DIVE, DIVE, DIVE,

DeAnn

Jen
user 29445202
Gainesville, FL
Post #: 2
How about WPB or any beach the Saturday after Thanksgiving? I really want to do Pepper Park or West Palm with you guys but the only time I have in Nov is the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Definitely interested in a liveaboard or travel trip...March maybe too close to some other trips I have planned though.