CameraFRAUD.com Message Board › Did Scottsdale get me or not?

Did Scottsdale get me or not?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi I was , sent a camera ticket/complaint in the mail on 6/6/2013. It says I was speeding and going 51 in a 40 mile per hour on Thomas Rd in Scottsdale. I have gotten 6 or 7 of these over the years and always throwing them away. One time the server surprised me and I "got served" I paid the ticket. This one is different . I just woke up on 9-31-2013 and the ticket was taped to my front door. No actual person in site. Does that mean I have been legally served.? They never saw me or anyone else. I'm sure of that I live alone. They did not knock or ring the bell. The 4 dogs I have would have known it. The last page of the packet has this page called" Order for Alternative Service". It states." Pursuant to the Motion for Order Authorizing Alternative Service and good cause for appearing. IT IS HERBY ORDERED that alternative service be used in this matter, by posting the Summons and the Complaint on the door of the defendants last known address as shown on The Arizona Motor Vehicle Division Records, and mailing a copy, with a copy of this Order, first class mail, to the same address, and mailing a copy to the Respondents Counsel of Record, if any dated 30th of August and signed by Civil Hearing Officer, Scottsdale City Court" .... So Have I been served ? Do I need to appear in court on 9-24-2013 to avoid getting my license suspended or more fines. I just don't see how taping a notice to my door is any different than putting it in a mail box...they have no proof that I live there. They have never seen me in real life. Please help .Thank you so much
Julia
user 7412991
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 10
If they went to your hosue several times and no one came to the door, yes, they can ask the judge for an order for alternative service, meaning they can leave it on your door, but only with an order, can they do this (I mean not personally serve you).

Last year, City of Scottsdale contracted with a process server to go to San Diego (an address I listed because my purse was stolen at that location, and that is where I wanted DMV to send me replacement Dr. License) and "serve me". That process server LIED and made up that he served a 50 year old white woman and described hieght and 150 lbs. No such white woman has ever lived in that house EVER. I have a white person's name, but I am NOT white. Process server REALLY just left it rolled up on the door handle, where it was found by the tenant living there.

I got the case dismissed in court, because I proved that I did not live there, and showed judge credit card transactions for 4 months, all in Scottsdale and Phx metro locations, everyday life, such as eating out, gas, 99 Cents store and grocery stores in Scottsdale and Phx metro during the time in question. I also got notarized statements from people at the San Diego house, and neighbors, saying I do not live at that house. Also showed judge tenants rental agreements. But what made me mad was the process server lied about "personally serving me" and seeing my face. I tried to contact the process server's employer, but they said "he quit".

But process server did not have the Order that you have, that is why my case got dismissed. City Prosecuter even TOLD the judge "this is not proper service" two times (I think he wanted to go to lunch cos it was 12 noon). Judge said, "I was just about to say that.......case dismissed".

This was AFTER my license was revoked (cos process server lied that he personally served me), and I had to post bond. After my hearing, my bond was credited back to my credit card immediately at the court hearing.
Scottsdale is the most hellbent on nailing people and getting them served. Not many cities will serve notice out of state.

I too throw them away. but if I had what you had posted on MY door, I would have to resign and try and get judge to let me go to traffic school. So I wish you had the same luck I did. I was told about the Order for Alternative Service by an attorney, at the time of my ticket, but it did not apply to me.

Hope you post what happens, and what you decide to do about it, later.