Comics Makers Los Angeles Message Board › Wacom's new Inkling! Draw on paper, capture digitally!

Wacom's new Inkling! Draw on paper, capture digitally!

Jiminator
Jiminator
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 5
Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I received an email from Intuos for the new Wacom "Inkling". It's a device that attaches to any piece of paper or sketchbook and digitally captures what you draw on the paper! I hate to sound like a commercial, but I was very impressed. This is totally portable. It's due to come out mid-September and costs $199.

http://www.wacom.com/...­

One of the things I began to wonder about is what's the difference between this and just scanning your image. It seems that there is a difference, in that the Inkling stores the lines as vector paths.

Anyway, don't know if anyone is interested, but thought I'd share with the group.

Hope to see you at the next meet-up!

Jim
Connor M.
anticonnor
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 15
I also got pretty excited about this yesterday... There are a couple of devices that do something similar, but are more geared towards note-taking than art. I'm going to have to try it in person before buying, as it seems that there may be some latency issues. Plus, the pen-tip is ballpoint, which is not the best for drawing.

Connor