The Cleveland Cat Resource Meetup Group Message Board › UPDATE: Beachwood Super 8 cats

UPDATE: Beachwood Super 8 cats

Donna L.
user 3251403
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH

Hello everyone,

You may recall a recent circulation I sent requesting help for a motel guest from NY, who discovered a cat colony living off a dumpster at the Super 8 motel in Beachwood, Ohio. Trapping has been coordinated and I believe all the cats/kittens have been trapped. All have been fixed, tested, parasite treated etc. The Super 8 cats turned out to be the Super 12, mostly kittens. This has been a hefty expense and there are still needs for these critters. From what we learned through observation and talking with motel guests, these cats seemed to have the dumpster as their main food source. We do not intend to return them without a caretaker. Only 2 have permanent foster/rescue and are doing well with socialization. So here's what's needed...

URGENT PLEA FOR - Socialization foster homes for kittens needed! I know you're out there! The estimated ages range from 8 weeks to 14ish weeks old. They all have shown potential for being social, except for one handsome little stinker still hissing and spitting (there's still hope though). All kittens have rescue offering to adopt out, but do not have foster homes. If you are willing/able to offer some intensive socialization in your home, please contact me asap. (They must be able to be kept in a confined area during socialization and not free-roam.) As you know every day is crucial during this time. Currently, they are being housed at a vacant storefront in Cleveland's Tremont district, with minimal interaction and no air conditioning...it's toasty in there! (There is no room at my home. I am in double digits already.)

Also, if anyone would be willing to work with the 3 adults (1 year or younger) I would love to find foster homes. They are scared, but not hissing or showing any threatening behavior. The rescue will also adopt out, if socialized. If no foster homes found for them, I'll be looking for someone willing to introduce all or some to their yard (would be nice for all 3 to stay together!). You must be willing to follow appropriate reintroduction procedures if so, and have a safe quiet environment for release.

Food/money donations: I would also be grateful for donations of wet and dry cat and kitten food and litter (wheat or pine only)! The costs thus far have reached over $600 and they will continue to need daily care and likely follow-up vet care for the kittens. If you are willing/able to make a contribution to an independent rescuer, you may send a check or money order to Donna Liebenauer (Please message me for address).

Thanks also to David Manuelle and Kira Pilat for your help with this effort!

Thank you, Donna Liebenauer