CFI Portland Meetup Group Message Board In the News › UGH! We do NOT need such headlines.

UGH! We do NOT need such headlines.

A former member
Post #: 43
Gavin
Atheistic-ExJW
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 2,203
I am thinking about organizing a discussion group about Charles Darwin's primary books about evolution ('Origin of Species', 'Descent of Man', and 'Expression of Emotions in Man and Animals"). It would be an invitation for people who have never read his books to start reading them. It would also be an opportunity for people to ask questions about what they read in the books. The books are challenging to read, largely because many of sentences are very long, thus discussing difficult parts of the books could be helpful.

Currently I don't know where we could meet, but I welcome suggestions. Until we have a place to meet, if you have any questions about what Darwin said in the above mentioned books, then please post those questions in this forum (or create a new forum for it) and I will try to answer them. If you don't own any of the above mentioned books of Darwin, you can borrow them from your local libraries. You can also read them online, such as at Darwin Online.

Though many of Darwin's ideas were correct, some of them were incorrect and others were partially incorrect. This forum (or another forum of this meetup group, or in my Yahoo group called "Educators and Students of Naturalism") can also be used to discuss them and to describe the modern ideas that pertain to those matters.

Lane posted:
http://abcnews.go.com...­
in regards to a particular headline.