addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

CFI Portland Meetup Group Message Board Resources / Self Education › Alternative Hypothesis of obesity

Alternative Hypothesis of obesity

A former member
Post #: 29
We're all on this list, because we're the type of people who hear the "God hypothesis" and find the evidence to be lacking.

Some here might also enjoy this link to a lecture examining the evidence about another commonly held hypothesis:

Adiposity 101: and the alternative hypothesis of obesity

http://www.dhslides.o...­

--
peace,
Phil
Phil
user 4221600
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 10
Kurt,

thanks for setting up this message board.

I look forward to reading peoples reaction to the link.

peace,
Phil
Sue M.
suemarie2
Portland, OR
Post #: 36
So you know, Phil, I watched this video from the message board, what, 2 months after you posted it, and first told me about the book. Now I'm going to look for the other one on sugar and compare the two. Of course, I'm an Atkins believer, but have found in the after-stage that, like this presenter predicted, it is damn near impossible to swear off all those delicious-looking carbohydrates, no matter how much you love a well-marbled piece of meat. My downfall was when I let a little milk and a daily piece of fruit back into my diet (OK, that and the little glass of red wine, and a couple of cookies for desert, yada yada yada.)