The New York Chamber Music Meetup Message Board › STRING PLAYERS NEEDED FOR "FUN" GROUP

Rosanne V.
New York, NY
Post #: 14

My name is Rosanne and I am the founder of this ensemble.

We are an amateur ensemble, of all levels, looking for string players, especially violins. The group plays classical and non classical music. The non classical music is mostly from movie scores. We are a fun group of musicians and our mission is to get together for the love of playing music "from the heart." We get together every Friday evening from 7 PM to 9:30 PM, in Manhattan. We do about four to five performances a year, our September concert, being our largest on behalf of The September Concert Foundation, where we play in commemoration of 9/11. Our group does performs for outreach as well. We bring music to those who cannot come to us.

We are a non paying gig, but was are a "no stress" group that has fun with a purpose. The purpose of making music and sharing our art with others. Check us out at www.classicalfusionchamberensemble.webs.­com

If you are interested in joining us, please write to me at