addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Backyard Poultry Meetup Group Message Board Chicken Classifieds › Lavender Orpington Rooster for sale.

Lavender Orpington Rooster for sale.

A former member
Post #: 1
I have a Lavender Orpington ( 6 months old ) and a Blue Orpington ( 7 months old ) for sale. Will soon have lavender orpington, black orpington, buff orpington, b/b/s orpington, large cochin and Light Brahma chicks available.

Lavender Orpington cockerel $50.00
Blue Orpington cockerels $10.00

706-527-1095 Cathy
Livia
user 8880294
Newnan, GA
Post #: 80
May i ask Please what price are your lav. chcics going to be selling for ? Are they going to breed true or will they be split ? Thanks
A former member
Post #: 2
I haven't set an exact price yet. I have Lavender Roosters with Lavender Hens. I have one older hen that has been laying every day and I have been hatching her eggs. Right now I have four lavender chicks and two due to hatch tomorrow. My other hens will start laying any day now and then I'll have plenty of chicks available. Of course, I first have to fill hatching egg orders ( already have a waiting list!) before I can sell chicks. That's why I'm hatching all my one year old hens eggs. These little fuzzy butts are really cute!
Livia
user 8880294
Newnan, GA
Post #: 81
What price do you get for hatching eggs ? I may want on that list
A former member
Post #: 3
One dozen hatching eggs are $120.00.
A former member
Post #: 279
If I bought a dozen eggs for $120.00 and got a 50% hatch that would be $ 20.00 per chick then if I happened to lose 1 of them then my price per chick just went up to $24.00 per chick , God forbid if I lose another one I would have to mortgage the farm.

Maybe I need to invest some money in Lavender Orpington, I had no idea they layed GOLDEN EGGS.

I thought Serama eggs at $25.00 per dozen was to high but maybe I was wrong.

Good luck with the Lavender Orpington but I will have to stay with my Buff Orpington.

Just an old mans opinion, but as they say opinions are like butts everyone has one and some people are one.

Grand Pa Jack
PJ's Seramas
A former member
Post #: 4
Lavender Orpingtons are a rare breed and I paid quite a bit for my breeder pair. Then I bought two dozen hatching eggs for $120.00 per dozen. I felt like they were worth it because they are a beautiful color to me and I am interested in working on the Lavender Orpington project. I was lucky and hatched 20 of the 24 eggs. Even I was surprised to see 6 day old chicks sell for $422.00 on Eggbid last week. I guess chickens are worth whatever you are willing to pay for them. Chickens are my hobby and I enjoy raising them.

Beth L.
BethL
Tucker, GA
Post #: 93
I too have seen Lavender Orpingtons for high prices. Either that or it's a VERY long waiting list.
Patrick
VulcanWolf
Group Organizer
Waleska, GA
Post #: 102
I'm with GPJ, in two to three years everyone will have them and you will buy a dozen eggs for $30, just like the black copper marans market is today. It's just a chicken its eggs dont eat any better than buff orps.

Patrick
A former member
Post #: 22
i understand the prices are set by what the market will bear, but this seems a little excessive (no offense to the person selling). i can't think of any reason in the world why someone would pay so much hatching eggs. i think with the popularity of chickens growing so much over the past few years, prices on some "rare breeds" have become greatly inflated. a chicken is a chicken, color does not determine worth any more than it does in people.