South Bay Chihuahua Meetup Message Board › Chihuahua Mix needs help - scheduled to be put down tomorrow, Fri, June 28

Chihuahua Mix needs help - scheduled to be put down tomorrow, Fri, June 28

Vivian
Ncntada
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
Hi all,

Do you know anyone that would foster a Chihuahua from now until mid August or that would want to adopt a Chihuahua?

My husband and I found a Chihuahua near Tully and Alvin road on Sunday, June 23. He had a leash and collar, but no tags. He was a very scared as evident from his barking and barring of teeth, but once my husband picked up the leash, he calmed down and became a sweet little dog, but of course nervous. He easily got into our car and onto my husband's lap where he stayed and allowed my husband to pet him, he was even calm enough to put his head out the window to enjoy the fresh air during the drive.

We surrendered him to the Humane Society on Monterey Road in San Jose, hoping that his family would come looking for him, but it’s been four days and they have not. Unfortunately, for Max (that's what we call him because he has some marking on his back that looks like a large "X") he is not passing his aggressive dog tests at the Humane Society, no one can get close enough to him to pet him or even examine him. He seems like a very sweet dog and I think he just needs a good home and a lot of love. My husband and I are traveling most of this summer and it’s not right that we are not there for him during this adjustment time into an new household, but we don’t want to give up on him.

He is 11 pounds, short haired Chihuahua mix, red/beige with white feet and big ears that droop to his sides when he is sad. He appears to be about 7 years old and be in good health but definitely needs a flea drop and to be neutered (which I can pay for if this is an issue).

Do you know anyone or can you suggest anything that might help this little guy? I have two photos of him, which I cannot add here, but am willing to provide.

Again, he will be put down tomorrow, Friday, June 28th.

Thanks for any help, advice or suggestions that you can provide.

Sincerely,

Vivian
408-205-5103

Kate S.
www.3Chis.com
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 667
He's safe!!!!
Roxanne & Puppy C.
rkohlin
San Jose, CA
Post #: 10
Wish I could - I will keep little Max in my prayers & put the word out, but I don't think I know anyone that could take him. I hope he finds a good home!
Vivian
Ncntada
San Jose, CA
Post #: 3
Just an overdue update on Maxx. The day before Maxx was to be put down, the St. Francis ASP adopted him and they fostered him while we were on vacation. After we got back, we decided to adopt him and he's been with us ever since. He is a good dog and loves to play with our other Chi, Shelby. So, happy ending to his story smile