add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Cleveland Java Meetup Group Message Board Announce › CodeMash Call for Papers

CodeMash Call for Papers

Scott S.
user 7384726
Group Organizer
Independence, OH

CodeMash a regional technology conference to be held January 11-13, 2012 in Sandusky Ohio at the Kalahari indoor water park has a call for paper going on right now through Sept 30th at 11:59 PM Eastern US time. They are looking for speakers in a wide variety of technologies including Java.

Let's make this a great Java event by submitting exciting and engaging talks at­.
Kevin F.
user 13305071
Independence, OH
Post #: 2
Thanks Scott for the heads up!

I submitted my Automating your Haunted Dungeon with OSGi talk. I also submitted my talk that I emailed you about for November... Here are the details for Cleveland Java User group site.

Title: Controlling your Drinking with Java and C

This talk will be an introduction to controlling physical hardware with Java and C. Every year I decorate my house for a massive Halloween party. This past year’s latest addition is a laboratory experiment which allows you to input your selected cocktail into the control interface and the “experiment” will then automatically dispense your drink from a possible combination of eight ingredients. I will demonstrate interfacing a Java control program on a computer with a number of AVR microcontrollers (the same kind of microcontroller used in most Arduinos) programmed with C via a serial interface which control the pumps. I will do a live demo of the machine and cover the necessary Java code for the control program, the C code for the microcontroller, designing a simple protocol, and the basic hardware needed.

Hope it sounds good. Do you have anything to do with the selection?
Scott S.
user 7384726
Group Organizer
Independence, OH
Post #: 23
No, I don't have any involvement with the process ... but there is a need for more Java content, so feel free (everyone) to submit your abstracts!