Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › Festival Tips / Opening Night Contest
|A former member||
Friday, March 9, 2012
Greetings Festival Goers!
Here are some suggestions that should eliminate any frustration and disappointment at the Festival this year. I have also posted the ticket discount procedure again as a reminder. At the bottom of this post you will find a link and information on a CIFF/Plain Dealer contest for Opening Night Gala tickets and a Film Buff membership.
Each year I hear comments from first-timers that range from surprise, shock and awe at the crowd size and excitement. Cleveland is very much a “film city” with interest bridging all socio-economic levels. Crowd size will not be in the dozens or even hundreds; think thousands. The Food Court, Tower City and adjacent restaurants will be filled to capacity especially during the more popular times and days. Best advice is to PLAN ahead for films and dinner breaks.
Traditionally, Movie Group members congregate between films at tables on the upper level, center of the Food Court. Look for some familiar faces but don’t be hesitant to ask a group that’s engaged in discussion about films. Chances are that will be us.
The Box Office opened to the general public today! Buy your tickets early and avoid the Stand-by line at all costs! And, if you are driving, arrive early. Or, take Jim’s advice and take the Rapid.
Be aware that the Cleveland International Film Festival is a big deal both in the city and for the Film Industry. Please show your gratitude to the CIFF staff for their hard work and dedication to film and the festival. Many are volunteers who take vacation time to serve moviegoers. Also, don’t be surprised to see a good number of CIMG members serving as volunteers!
Lastly, try to join us for the closing reception no matter which film you decide to screen. There is usually a Champagne toast, award presentations, celebrities, and, of course, chocolate chip cookies from the Ritz-Carlton, all free!
Hope to see you at the Festival!
THE FINE PRINT
1. Use the Independent Movie Group Member Discount code: INDIE1 for your ticket purchases (details below). Please thoroughly review your ticket order for correct films and screenings. If there is any discrepancy, please call 1-877-304-FILM (3456) during box office hours (Pre-Festival: March 2nd - 22nd, Monday-Saturday 11:00 AM-7 PM and Sundays, Noon - 5:00 PM. During the Festival: March 23rd - April 1st, 8:30 AM-9:30 PM , Daily) or via email at email@example.com Please reference your ticket order number (on the bottom left of your tickets) in any correspondence.
2. Ticket holders must be seated or waiting in line to be seated 15 minutes before the scheduled start of any screening. Theater personnel may refuse to permit seating of late arrivals.
3. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged, except in the case of a canceled screening. Exchanges, when possible, will be subject to a $3.00 processing fee per order. Unused vouchers cannot be refunded.
4. Patrons presenting a 2012 CIFF ticket stub or pass at the box office will get a discounted admission at any Cleveland Cinemas (Cedar Lee/Shaker Square/Capitol) location April 1 through November 1, 2012. This offer is valid Sunday through Thursday only (restrictions apply).
5. Visit www.clevelandfilm.org for program updates. Programs and schedules are subject to change without notice. The Film Festival reserves the right, in rare instances, to postpone, reschedule, or cancel any screening.
6.For parking information at Tower City Center, please visit our website at :http://www.clevelandf...
How to redeem a $2.00 discount for a 36th CIFF ticket purchase
36th Cleveland International Film Festival
March 22 – April 1, 2012
Tower City Cinemas
Online: Use the code “INDIE1” when purchasing tickets at www.clevelandfilm.org (available 24 hours a day).
Phone: Use the code ”INDIE1” when calling the Ulmer & Berne Film Festival Box Office at 877.304.FILM (3456).
Store: Use the code ”INDIE1” at the Ulmer & Berne Film Festival Box Office in the lobby of Tower City Cinemas.
Ticket prices (before discount):
$10 Cleveland International Film Festival Members
$10 Students and Seniors (day of show only – in person only)
This discount is good for any Festival film screening.
Restrictions may apply.
Tickets are available at the Ulmer & Berne Film Festival Box Office in the lobby of Tower City Cinemas (230 W. Huron Rd., Cleveland, OH 44113).
Store hours between March 9 and March 22 are as follows:
Monday - Saturday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Sunday, 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Store hours between March 23 and March 31 are as follows:
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily.
Store hours on April 1 are as follows:
8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Visit www.clevelandfilm.org for Film Festival program updates and comprehensive information about the 36th Cleveland International Film Festival.
FREE PARKING WHEN AVAILABLE is offered to CIFF patrons in the Tower City Center Self-Parking Garage and Tower City Amphitheater Parking at Riverview (off Canal Road).
Patrons must have their parking ticket validated in the Tower City Cinemas lobby.
Visit www.towercitycenter.com for additional parking options.
Enter for a chance to win TWO Tickets to Opening Night – click here
Enter for a chance to win two tickets to the CIFF Opening Night Gala, Thursday, March 22, 2012, and a Film Buff Single Membership that gives you access to members-only schedule builder on their website, discounts on tickets and merchandise and discounts on Film (and other Arts) Feast events.