add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 563
Yet again, Uganda makes headlines with some of the worst crimes religion (but this time, not Christianity) has ever committed. Child sacrifice has grown into a profitable industry. This kind of thing makes me think the human race needs to just quietly go extinct. As a group, we are too far gone to fix, I often feel.­
(Warning: you might not want to read this if you don’t have a strong stomach.)

"Child sacrifice has risen because people have become lovers of money. They want to get richer," the pastor says.

"They have a belief that when you sacrifice a child you get wealth, and there are people who are willing to buy these children for a price. So they have become a commodity of exchange, child sacrifice has become a commercial business.” ...

The work of the police task force has been strongly criticised by the UK-based charity, Jubilee Campaign.

It says in a report that the true number of cases is in the hundreds, and claims more than 900 cases have yet to be investigated by the police because of corruption and a lack of resources. ...

For our own inquiries, we posed as local businessmen and asked around for a witch doctor that could bring prosperity to our local construction company. We were soon introduced to Awali. ...

"There are two ways of doing this," he said. "We can bury the child alive on your construction site, or we cut them in different places and put their blood in a bottle of spiritual medicine."

Awali grabbed his throat. "If it's a male, the whole head is cut off and his genitals. We will dig a hole at your construction site, and also bury the feet and the hands and put them all together in the hole."

Awali boasted he had sacrificed children many times before and knew what he was doing. After this meeting, we withdrew from the negotiations.

We handed our notes to the police. Awali is still a free man. ...

"The children do not have voices, their voices have been silenced by the law and the police not acting, and the people who read the newspapers do nothing, so we have to make a stand and do whatever it takes to stamp out this evil, we can only pray that the government will listen."

This isn’t one psychopath going crazy. It’s a whole set of people (hundreds apparently?) who have wealth, want more, and are fine with murdering children for that purpose. They discuss it with each other and make it happen, like hiring a lawn service. Hundreds more stand by and watch. Or “pray" that the government will stop being corrupt (when in fact the cops are probably taking a cut of the profits).
Rafiq M.
Bogor, ID
Post #: 933
This kind of thing makes me think the human race needs to just quietly go extinct.

Yup. The trouble is they won't go quietly. We really do seem to be the most toxic and horrible species that has ever existed.

It's the responsible individuals who don't want to breed and who make the good things that our species does produce, like art, music and literature, who are outnumbered by the crazies who use all sorts of weird beliefs as an excuse to breed as if there were no tomorrow - which there probably won't be.

This is a ghastly report, but sadly not shocking. It is the sort of thing we can expect.

We need a highly virulent and contageous virus to make everyone sterile. angry
Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 555
My "gawd", man, this is absolutely hideous. It should be covered by the U.S. media, but it doesn't look like they've picked up on it at all.

Perhaps the only way we can help is to forward the BBC report to U.S. news sources... wider outrage is needed.

I submitted a "story suggestion" to MSNBC and ABC News.
Rafiq M.
Bogor, ID
Post #: 934
But this is not really new. Cases of albino people being kidnapped and "sacrificed" have been in the news for sometime now. What seems new is that pigmentation doesn't seem to be important any more.

Hell, who cares about Africa? As long as the coltan and cocoa keeps coming and as long as they keep buying our military hardware what does it matter what those AIDS ridden progeny of Cain get up to?

Or am I mistaken about how the US mainstream media think and what they deem newsworthy?