addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Clubfoto Luxembourg Message Board › Charity in Luxembourg

Charity in Luxembourg

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I have not been especial involved in the activities of the photo club and I guess not many of you do not know me. So first let me introduce myself – I am a 100% armature and hobby photograph living and working in Luxembourg. I have not any specialty within the photography but I try to give myself challenges and set new goals all the time.

One of my goals for last year was to get involved in charity and I joined the charity committee at the place I work. During my work for the committee I was exposed to the people living at a refugee center in Luxembourg town – kids, parents and staff. To be honest I was “chocked” to see the living conditions at that place. The people there basically do not have anything - well, of cause they have clothes and they get food daily but beside that I got the feeling that they could carry their belongings in a plastic back.

In December some of my colleges and I did visit the place and we tried to create a bit of Christmas for the kids and I did try to document the event by making a lot of photographs of the people. On observation I made, and that surprised me a lot, was that some of the kids was actual more interested to see themselves on the back of my camera then receiving the Christmas gift we have brought along.

After my visit in December I have been thinking if there was more I could do in order to cheer up the people living at the center – especially the kids – see if it would be possible to get e few smiles out of them.
So, what am I trying to do?
Well, are any of you familiar with “Help Portrait”? This is basically a charity project where “photographers” (pro’s and/or armatures) are offering not so lucky people to make a portrait of them (incl. a print). However, instead of me writing a lot about this I will refer you to the below mention links for further information:

http://help-portrait....­

http://jeremycowart.c...­

Now, my idea is to see if it would be possible to set-up an event like “Help-Portrait” – but before I am going on let me stress I AM NOT ASKING FOR CASH DONATIONS.........What I am looking for it is someone who will donate time and skills in order to help me set-up an event like this at the refuges center here in Luxembourg town (or somewhere close).

Of cause there will a long list of things needed for this to become a success but first of all I would ask this forum if anyone would be interested in being part of this and also if you know of or have contact to companies like Cannon, Nikon, HP, hairdresser, makeup artist, stylist etc. so I/we could ask if they would like to sponsor (with equipment and time – printer, light, paper) an event like this.

At the moment a time plan have not been finalized but I have an idea that it could be sometime mid May 2013. By all means if you have any ideas and/or suggestions please let me know.

So if you are interested please contact me by e-mail at hansenc@pt.lu.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Kind regards
Claus