Code Until Dawn STL Message Board › Announcing the Techli Academy

Announcing the Techli Academy

A former member
Post #: 5
Hey Everyone,

Hope you've all been well! I have been busy and haven't been able to make it to the last couple of meetups. :(

I wanted to let you know that we have a programming academy in St. Louis called the Techli Academy (http://techliacademy....­) launching in October. I know I've talked to quite a few of you who have attended and expressed interest in learning programming. This is a great opportunity anyone who wants to step up and take things to the next level.

It's going to follow the same approach as Chicago's Code Academy with an 11-week Rails course taught by myself. Students will learn the basics of Rails, starting from scratch and working up towards building their own applications using external services and APIs.

Classes will be held at the T-Rex building in downtown St. Louis two nights per week with related meetups and events to get students involved in the community. We want to have a strong focus on startups and entrepreneurship, but also partner with local companies looking to hire Rails developers.

This class is perfect for anyone looking to learn the technical skills to become a real developer or build their own ideas. If you're a beginner with Rails, we will be covering the topics in depth where you will learn best practices of how to setup routes, query the database, and structure your code. We will be getting down and dirty and you'll be able to take huge strides towards building real web applications by the end of the course.

On top of that, we are prepared to offer an incentive directly to you in the form of an affiliate partnership program: For every student that enrolls in the Techli Academy, we will give that student $250 off their admission and we will give $250 to YOU (or your organization).

Graduates of the Academy will gain access to companies that are hiring and we are going to connect graduates interested in launching their own startups with local institutions with great mentoring such as ITEN, Innovate STL and the RCGA (among others).

A little background on me (the course instructor): I've been a full-time Rails developer for the past 3 years and has contributed to Rails core and many popular gems like Devise, Paperclip, and much more.

If you're interested, or you know someone who is interested, you can read more about it and apply here: http://techliacademy....­

Thanks!