addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Online ColdFusion Meetup Message Board › Still not receiving New Meetup emails. Is this happening to anyone else?

Still not receiving New Meetup emails. Is this happening to anyone else?

Miguel F.
user 11379713
Louisville, KY
Post #: 5
I posted this same issue last year. I received Charlie's email about CFMeetup coming back and that he was going to post the latest Meetup. I came to this site to verify the new Meetup had been scheduled. It has and I again did not get an email about it. This used to work for me but at some point (a while ago) they stopped. I seem to get all other emails from this meetup site. For example, I got an email after I RSVP'd for the latest meeting. I also get emails when messages are posted to this discussion board. I checked my notification settings and they appear to be correct for being notified of new meetups.

Can anyone else verify that you ARE or ARE NOT receiving emails when new meetups are posted by Charlie?
Charlie A.
carehart
Group Organizer
Jamestown, KY
Post #: 220
Sorry to hear of this, Miguel. And no, no one else has ever reported it.

First, I would think that if you're getting all the other emails from the group, then it's not a problem on the meetup.com server.

And since you're getting some (but not all), I would also not suspect that it's something on your end that's regarding the emails as spam (because you do get some).

Then again, the emails with the announcement do have more links than other cfmeetup emails may, so perhaps your mail server or client is regarding them as spam more than those other cfmeetup emails you do get. Have you searched your spam or junk folders to see if the notes are there? And they come from info@meetup.com, if you can whitelist that.

But finally, I would suspect as well that you could have (whether intentionally or unintentionally) created a rule (in your mail client or server) that is moving those mails uniquely to some folder, and maybe not one that you even are expecting. I've made that mistake before. :-)

I will say that sadly there is nothing I can do to help from this end. If you have an account, you will get the emails, and since you get some, and no one else says they don't get them, it just seems it has to be something on your end. Sorry I can't offer more.

I will say this: as an alternative, you can follow the meeting announcements either via the @cfmeetup twitter account or via the RSS feed offered at the bottom of the calendar page (http://www.meetup.com...­, which offers options for RSS, atom, ical, and outlook calendar format.

Hope that helps.
Miguel F.
user 11379713
Louisville, KY
Post #: 6
Thanks for the reply Charlie. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this. Guess not. I definitely cannot find the emails in any of my folders, junk or otherwise. My guess is that they are being filtered at some server level before it even reaches my mailbox. I will check (again) with the admins here. In the meantime I will check out the other options that you mentioned.